ACM's Mission, Vision, Core Values and Goals
ACM is a global scientific and educational organization dedicated to advancing the art, science, engineering, and application of computing, serving both professional and public interests by fostering the open exchange of information and by promoting the highest professional and ethical standards.
ACM will continue to be the premiere global computing society.
- Technical excellence
- Education and technical advancement
- Ethical computing and technology for positive impact
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Providing a sustainably open Digital Library in 2025 to increase the visibility and accessibility of the community’s research.
- Continuing to diversify the ACM global community, providing a welcoming community for all.
- Providing the world’s leading venues (conferences, publications, magazines) for research that shapes the future of computing and careers of those in computing.
- Defining enlightened educational frameworks and resources for students and professionals to advance understanding, learning, and evolving of computing and computer science.
- Educating the public and policy makers on the benefits, potential, limits, and pitfalls of computing and computer science.
- Promoting the development and use of environmentally sustainable computing technologies and the adoption of environmentally responsible professional practices.
- Promoting ethical computing to make a positive impact across the global computing community.
Get Involved with ACM
ACM is a volunteer-led and member-driven organization. Everything ACM accomplishes is through the efforts of people like you. A wide range of activities keeps ACM moving: organizing conferences, editing journals, reviewing papers and participating on boards and committees, to name a few. Find out all the ways that you can volunteer with ACM.